Realtime StenEd Dictionaries for All Stenotype Careers
For information on StenEd translating dictionaries, see more info translating
Item #551: Realtime Professional Dictionary (448 pages, black, 2005 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-72-2)
- Comprehensive listing of words and their realtime StenEd outlines.
- Contains over 60,000 entries.
- A must for all StenEd writers.
- An excellent reference for non-StenEd writers who want to eliminate their conflicts.
- Includes many options, briefs, and phrases.
- Includes most legal terms.
- Appendices include:
- Theory summary
- Special word lists such as cities, states, and countries
- Stenoscription commands
- Soundalike resolutions
- Conflict resolution suggestions for StenEd and non-StenEd writers
- A must for the advanced student and highly recommended for purchase when students complete Lesson 20 of the theory text.
Item #552: Realtime Reverse Dictionary (392 pages, silver, 2005 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-73-9)
- Includes words/outlines in the Realtime Professional Dictionary alphabetized by outline rather than by English.
- Use of this dictionary keeps the student, teacher, and StenEd graduate from inadvertently incorporating conflicting outlines.
- Excellent reference for scopists because it is alphabetized by stenotype outline.
- Recommended and extremely valuable for students once they have completed theory.
Item #553: Realtime Dictionary of Briefs & Phrases (112 pages, light gray, 2005 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-74-6)
- Contains a "short and sweet" listing of StenEd briefs and phrases.
- Contains over 12,000 entries.
- Recommended once students have completed StenEd theory and understand StenEd writing principles and the importance of remaining conflict free.
- Not a summary of StenEd writing principles but simply a listing of StenEd-allowed briefs and phrases. (See the Professional Dictionary for a complete listing of StenEd outlines and theory principles. The material in this text is excerpted from that comprehensive text.)
Item #555: Realtime Medical Dictionary for Stenotypists (454 pages, blood red, 2011 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-75-3)
- Extremely comprehensive listing of medical terms and their realtime StenEd outline(s).
- Includes all non-obsolete words contained in Stedman's, Dorland's, and Taber's medical dictionaries and all medications contained in the Physicians' Desk Reference (PDR).
- Contains over 75,000 entries.
- Includes a review of medical writing principles.
- Appendices contain:
- Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Roots
- Medical Soundalikes
- Alphabetic Letters and Stenoscription Commands
- Briefs and Phrases for Medical Transcription
- All serious students will want a copy of this text.
Item #556: Realtime Legal Dictionary for Stenotypists (154 pages, brown, 2000 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-66-1)
- Extremely comprehensive listing (over 18,000 entries) of legal terms and their realtime StenEd outline(s).
- Designed for the student and practicing reporter.
- Both StenEd and non-StenEd writers will find that the briefs and written-out forms contained in this Legal Dictionary will help them write legal terms more easily, efficiently, and confidently.
- The appendices include:
- Briefs for common courtroom phrases and
- Legal phrase elements and their StenEd outlines.
To Contact StenEd
Phone = 352-475-3332 ~ Fax = 352-475-2152
Toll Free = 888-StenEd1 (888-783-6331)
StenEd ~ PO Box 959 ~ Melrose, FL 32666