The Foundation for All Stenotype Careers
Items #CD110, CD115, 116: Student Theory Packages
- StenEd Item #CD110: Student Theory Package 1
- This package is being phased out. Special order only.
- Contains #101: StenEd Realtime Theory, #105 Reader, #CD103A Audio CD for Theory Lessons 1-10, and #CD103B Audio CD for Theory Lessons 11-20
- CD115 is the most complete and most popular theory package & contains both texts & audios
Student Theory Package 2: StenEd Item #CD115 (ISBN 978-0-938643-15-9) includes Items
- #101 StenEd Realtime Theory
- #105 Reader
- #CD103 All Theory audios on CD as follows
- CD103A Audio CD for Theory Lessons 1-10
- CD103B Audio CD for Theory Lessons 11-20
- CD103C Audio CD for Theory Lessons 21-30
- CD103D Audio CD for Theory Lessons 31-40
- CD103R Audio CD for Theory Review at higher speeds
- 116 is the most popular theory package if you don't need the audiosStudent Theory Package 3: StenEd Item #116 (ISBN 978-0-938643-33-3) includes Items
- #101 StenEd Realtime Theory
- #105 Reader
- No audios are included in this package
Item #101: StenEd Realtime Theory
(40 lessons, 343 pages, indexed, royal blue, 2005 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-01-2)
- Provides the foundation for realtime, conflict-free computer writing.
- Includes keyboard and the entire StenEd theory.
- Emphasizes long vowels, high frequency words, and word beginnings and endings while giving consistent and logical writing techniques to insure realtime, conflict-free writing.
- Includes comprehensive word lists, sentences, and paragraphs to reinforce each principle.
- Includes shorthand notes for much of the dictation material given.
- Introduces all required and many optional high frequency briefs/phrases.
- Appendices include summaries of the theory, briefs and phrases, and soundalikes.
- Includes detailed index of the subjects covered.
- Audio CDs (in the MP3 format) are available covering every exercise in the student theory text at multiple speeds (38 hours @ 15-90 wpm). For more info on StenEd audios (theory and beyond) click more info audios
- Interactive computer tutorials are available for all 40 lessons using Realtime Coach (software by Realtime Learning Systems, www.learnrealtime.com) and Lesson Player (software by Eclipse, www.eclipsecat.com). These tutorials are administered by their respective companies. For more info on tutorials, click more info tutorials
Item #105: Reader for Realtime Theory
(114 pages, light blue, 1998 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-31-9)
- Designed to be used in conjunction with Realtime Theory beginning with Theory Lesson 18.
- Develops sound notereading skills while reinforcing realtime theory.
- Includes shorthand notes for the theory text dictation material not outlined in the theory text itself.
- Used by student scopists (in conjunction with Realtime Theory (Item #101) and Stenotype Theory for Scopists (Item #131) to learn notereading.
Item #601: Teacher Manual for StenEd Realtime Theory
(275 pages, looseleaf, royal blue, 1996 edition w/2007 notes, ISBN 978-0-938643-00-5)
- Follows the lessons in StenEd Realtime Theory.
- Includes many teaching hints and a wealth of material for reinforcement and testing.
- Curriculum guidelines and sample syllabus in Addendum.
- Complimentary to all StenEd theory teachers. (Not available to students.)
Item #111: Theory Reinforcement Takes, Student Edition
(450 takes, 204 pages, lavender, 1999 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-71-5)
Item #611: Theory Reinforcement Takes, Teacher Edition
- Gives multiple 5-minute takes for each of the 40 StenEd Realtime Theory lessons.
- Arranged in 1-, 2-, and 3-minute segments so they can be combined in various ways to create different 5-minute practice takes and tests. They are marked in 1-minute segments.
- Includes word lists, word groups, sentences, paragraphs, and mini Q&A's which can be used as classroom practice, student lab, homework, and student tests.
- This student edition contains over 450 takes ranging from 1 to 3 minutes in length.
- Audios are not available since related exercises are to be combined to make varied 5-minute takes.
- Material from this text is available in the Realtime Coach audio/video interactive steno tutorials.
(540 takes, 251 pages, lavender, 1999 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-70-8)
- Contains everything in the student text plus 90 additional takes of 2 or 3 minutes each, for a total of 18 additional hours of dictation designed for dictating at speeds from 20 to 60 wpm.
- Complimentary to teachers when class-size sets of the student text are purchased. (Not available to students.)
Item #FD001: The Ultimate Finger Drill Book
(54 pages, bright pink, 2001 edition, ISBN 978-0-938643-69-2)
- Contains over 1,000 finger combinations covering the entire keyboard.
- A great aid to beginning students for mastering the keyboard.
- A handy & helpful drill book for professionals to limber up your fingers.
To Contact StenEd
Phone = 352-475-3332 ~ Fax = 352-475-2152
Toll Free = 888-StenEd1 (888-783-6331)
StenEd ~ PO Box 959 ~ Melrose, FL 32666